There’s more ways than one to enjoy coffee. Sure, liquid form is traditional - but why not enjoy it in as many ways as possible? As summer begins, and you start mourning your postponed travel plans, you’re going to need something to keep you perked up…
Here are our top three ways to enjoy coffee… in the form of icy treats! Perfect for that holiday feeling, even if you’re perched by your window or enjoying the garden.
Pact Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
Longing for a Mr Whippy as you stroll along an arcade-strewn promenade? Or reminiscing about popping into little gelato shops, down cobblestone streets, somewhere sunny? We can’t give you that - but this Pact Coffee ice cream recipe should cheer you up.
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 12 hours
- 30ml Pact Coffee
(preferably espresso, brew it strong if using filter!)
- 300ml double cream
- 175g condensed milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Add all ingredients to a bowl
- Whip using an electric mixer, until the mixture has stiff peaks
- Put the mixture in a sealable container, and freeze overnight
Pact Coffee Ice Lolly Recipe
Hosting a socially distanced barbecue, and need something to cool you all down (and perk you all up?!). Pact Coffee ice lollies are an easy-to-make, but very welcome, dessert. They’re also a grown-up treat for your slightly older kids, with that sophisticated coffee flavour!
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 6-12 hours
- 250ml cold Pact Coffee
- Cold milk
- Granulated sugar
- Mix all the ingredients, adjusting the quantities of sugar and milk to your tastes
- Pour in ice lolly molds, or plastic cups (using a stick, or even a spoon, as a handle)
- Freeze, preferably overnight
Pact Coffee Affogato Recipe
Date nights might be a thing of the past, in the traditional sense. There’s no calling in the babysitter and escaping for an evening of overpriced pizza and cocktails… so why not find a moment of romance instead, with our decadently divine affogato recipe?
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 amaretti biscuit
- Brew a shot of espresso (or a stronger filter coffee than you’d usually drink)
- Add a scoop (or two!) of ice cream into a bowl
- Pour over your shot of coffee
- Crumble your biscuit and sprinkle over the top