Chances are, you’re still getting over the last two months of indulgence. Food, drink, presents, outings, socialising, parties - it’s a lot. But don’t worry. You also gave back a lot, because if you happened to buy anything from our Christmas Blend line…
YOU RAISED OVER £3700 FOR BOWEL CANCER UK!
Yep, really! With 50p from each Christmas Blend product - from pods to gift sets - getting donated, your generosity added up very quickly. Add on the takings from a classic bake sale (mandatory photographic proof below), and we’re proud of what we accomplished together.
Luke Squires, Director of Fundraising at Bowel Cancer UK, said:
“We are very grateful to Pact Coffee for their generous donation. We were delighted their festive Christmas coffee blend range were so popular, and what an amazing effort from the team to organise a bake sale for us. Bowel cancer is the UK’s second biggest cancer killer, but because of the support of brilliant organisations like Pact Coffee we can continue to save lives and improve the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer.”
How Bowel Cancer UK uses your money
The money you’ve spent goes towards a very good cause. With over 42,000 people diagnosed with bowel cancer each year, and more than 16,000 dying from it, it’s a cancer that deserves attention. But have you ever wondered exactly how your cash is spent? Here’s a taste of what Bowel Cancer UK have done with donations:
- They successfully campaigned for the screening age to be lowered to 50 in England and Wales.
- They have invested over £1.3 million pounds to support research with the greatest benefits for those at risk of and affected by bowel cancer.
- They worked in collaboration with one of their supporters to create a symptoms diary for people concerned about their bowel habits, which was then endorsed by the Royal College of GPs. The diary, which has been hugely popular, helps keep track of a person’s symptoms before they visit their GP.
- After years of campaigning to Governments in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the nations have all pledged to replace the bowel cancer screening test with the new, more accurate Faecal Immunochemical Test(FIT). England, Wales and Scotland have already rolled out the test, with Northern Ireland planning to do the same this year.
That’s just a few examples of the work done to educate, research, and campaign - let alone all they do in supporting people with bowel cancer and their families. 50p well spent, right?
How your money also goes far for farming families
As well as 50p from each Christmas Blend product going to Bowel Cancer UK, your money supports farming families internationally too. Each batch of coffee is bought at 55% above Fairtrade base rates on average, so farmers can actually earn a profit and reinvest in their farm. It makes sense to us - a better quality of life for them, and a better quality of coffee for you.
How to do more for Bowel Cancer UK
Thank you for your help in raising money for Bowel Cancer UK. You’ve done a great thing - but you don’t have to stop there!
Carry on supporting the great work they do, in a number of different ways:
- Donate monthly, as a one-off, in your will, or in memory
- Fundraise with a bake sale, sponsored cycle, golf fundraiser or any many of outdoorsy activity
- Become a corporate partner through your company
- Volunteer as a walk marshall, cheerleader for fun runs, or street collector
- Buy a product from their online store, from enamel pin to running vest