Strangers are just friends you haven’t met yet.
We realise that sounds cheesy, but if we can’t pump our cheese-factor up to gorgonzola around Valentine’s Day, when can we? This year we thought we’d try and spread the love by getting fellow coffee lovers to generously compliment each other. And since what’s on the inside of each bag of Pact is so lovely we wanted to make the outside of the bag lovely too. So for the first half of February you’ll notice a compliment-sized blank space at the bottom of your coffee bags where you can write something nice to a stranger. Share it with us and for a few weeks after Valentine’s we’ll take all those nice things you’ve got to say, pop them randomly on other people’s bags and spread your good vibes throughout the country!
How does it work?
- Use some kindly words to complete the sentence: “You’re so…”. Keep it to under 15 words please.
- Take a pic and share your compliment @PactCoffee on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Or email us your compliment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll publish the best ones online and for a few weeks after Valentine’s Day your compliment will randomly appear on someone somewhere’s bag of coffee. And they’ll get a chance to compliment you back!
Need some inspiration?
Here are some compliments we prepared earlier:
- “You’re so… good at co-ordinating colours!“
- “You’re so… handy in a sticky situation.”
- “You’re so… luminous. Like a jellyfish at midnight.”
- “You’re so… graceful. I’ll bet you learned to walk REALLY young.”
- “You’re so… clever. I’m sure you could have invented the iPad. If you wanted to.“
And to get you even more into the mood (thanks @pissantpartisan for the link!) this is what Flight of the Concords has to say about the matter:
Just a little bit of flattery will go a long way. So say something nice and make someone’s day!