The joy of a good cake can sometimes make you see rainbows, figuratively speaking at least. This one, however will have you seeing both literal and figurative rainbows. Or perhaps you could make two for a “double rainbow all the way“!
Anneliese whipped up this colourful cake to help us celebrate Pact turning two years old, and we were all extremely impressed and felt compelled to share it with you. So get baking, brew a brew of Pact Coffee or two, pin a tail on the donkey and share in the fun, because it’s our birthday!
For the cake
125g of butter (softened)
125g of sugar
125g self raising flour
For the icing
1 packet cream cheese
175g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180℃, before greasing and lining four circular cake tins with baking paper.
- Add sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and stir until they’ve formed a creamy texture and are pale in colour.
- Stir eggs in one at a time.
- Sieve flour over mixture and fold in gently – it shouldn’t be runny in consistency. Divide the mixture evenly into four bowls and add food colouring.
- Pour each batch into a tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. When it’s cooked, leave to cool.
- To make the icing simply combine the icing sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Make sure your cake is cool before icing. Decorate lavishly, brightly and with plenty of candles.
PACT TIP: We went with the Pact colours but feel free to make yours in any hue you please.