Valentine’s Day is now a dim and distant memory. But if yours was a bit of a disappointment this year, here’s a date that’s sure to satisfy. It comes in the form of a Pact Coffee & Date Loaf and it’s pretty much guaranteed to give you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
Who needs Valentines when you have cake?
- 110g ready-to-eat dates, chopped
- 50ml of Pact Coffee
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g soft margarine
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pop the chopped dates into a large bowl along with the Pact Coffee and leave them to soak
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat your oven to 160°C
- Beat the dates and coffee together to make a thick paste
- Add all the other ingredients to the date and coffee paste and mix thoroughly
- Pour this mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until well-risen and golden
- Insert a skewer into the cake and ensure it comes out clean before fully removing the loaf from the oven
- Leave the loaf to cool and serve with cups of piping hot Pact Coffee
Pact tip: For added prettiness decorate your loaf with flaked almonds, which complement the flavour of the loaf really well.