Big chocolate-covered love goes out to Chocolate Covered Katie and her healthy dessert blog for the inspiration for today’s (slightly less healthy) Baking with Pact recipe. It’s a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Pact Coffee icing, which you bake in a mug, in a microwave.
Mind blown yet?
It will be once you’ve had a taste…
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of coconut or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Grease a microwave-safe ramekin or mug (to prevent your little cake from sticking)
- Pop your peanut butter in a little bowl and melt it in the microwave
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix really, really well
- Transfer the mixture to your ramekin or mug
- Cook your cake on medium heat for around a minute and a half
Pact tip: All microwaves tend to be different; you may want to cook your cake for longer. The good news is that this cake is egg-free, so you can tuck in while it’s still seriously gooey without fear of getting a tummy ache.
Pact Coffee icing
Mix a tablespoon of butter with a tablespoon of icing sugar, a teaspoon of strong Pact Coffee (we used Samambaia) and a pinch of cocoa powder. Spread your icing over your cake liberally and enjoy.
A special offer for baking enthusiasts…
Keen to try Pact Coffee, both in your baking and in your coffee cup? Enter the code PEANUTS on this page and your first trial bag will be just £1!