Pact Coffee HQ is fast becoming known for more than just great coffee and a cracking collection of old vinyl. Every time we invite members down to join us and the sun is past the yard arm, we reach for the cocktail shaker and are soon sipping espresso martinis, and doing our best to look debonair.
Espresso Martinis are a great way to kick off an evening, not least because of the heady combination of alcohol and caffeine! This is our method, honed over the past year.
You’re going to need:
– A cocktail shaker, or something with a lid & A tea strainer!
– Kahlua (Tia Maria is a good alternative)
– Espresso. If you don’t have an espresso machine, a shot of triple-strength cafetiere coffee/aeropress are good alternatives
– Golden Syrup sugar or demerara sugar
– Milk (ideally full fat)
– Plenty of ice
– Half fill your shaker with ice
– Melt a teaspoon of sugar in a double shot of espresso (vary the sugar depending on how sweet your tooth is!)
– Pour 50ml vodka, 25ml Kahlua, 25ml milk and 50ml of coffee over the ice
– Shake it like a polaroid picture. You should shake it pretty enthusiastically for at least 30 secs.
– Pour, and drink immediately! If you’re feeling snazzy, you can float a coffee bean or two in the crema.